A big hello to readers who have found their way here from my recent article in the ITI Bulletin. You might find these posts of particular interest:
- Twitter: this director’s cut – screencasts of Twitter in action, including examples of professionals who are doing it right and a live demo of another kind of Twitter tool called TwitKit.
- ITI Conference round-up: a social media perspective – a full write-up of a side to the conference you may not even know existed (the Bulletin article was an extract of this).
- The royal we: why small is the new big – a perspective on why setting our sights low as freelancers can reap rewards.
- The value of professional organisations: another view – ideas on the value of professional organisations to newly-established translators.
- If you’ve had enough of hearing how essential social media is, try these posts for a slightly different perspective: A healthy dose of scepticism and 7 ways NOT to use Twitter for business purposes.
- Finally, see what you think of my series of short interviews with professionals in the translation world: 5 Qs.